A Duquesne Student's Blog

Just what I'm thinking about

U.S. Open Golf

looked

Tiger Woods  PGA Golf ProfessionalImage by mandj98 via Flickr

Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to get free tickets to the Memorial Tournament in Dublin, OH. I only got to go on Saturday but was able to see Tiger Woods play several holes. My Dad and I hopped a couple holes ahead of Tiger to get a good spot and waited for his group to pass through and repeated the sequence again. I really recommed this strategy because you get to follow about three groups for most of the course. Fortunately the groups ahead of Tiger were interesting, otherwise it could have been quite boring.

There were some incredibly large and beautiful houses along the Muirfield Village golf course. I am jealous of the people who get to host parties there during the tournament. I looked online and found that one for sale on the course was going for 3.25 million dollars.

I started watching the U.S. open this morning but no sooner had I turned it on did the horn blow for the suspension of play due to rain. Tiger is +1 but it is still very early. I am rooting for both Tiger and Phil Mickelson. Phil's wife unfortunately was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year.

The U.S. open is being played at Bethpage Black on Long Island. Heavy rain is expected intermittenly today but should slow down tomorrow.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites

FeedBurner FeedCount

Currently Reading

A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Books Read This Year

  • Hawaii by James A. Michener
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  • White Noise by Don DeLillo
  • The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
  • A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  • Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
  • Oil! by Upton Sinclair
  • The Stranger by Albert Camus

Labels